Being from Pennsylvania, Hershey is a staple here. Yes I have been lucky enough to visit Hershey PA. Chocolate Town USA is a great place to visit, you can smell the chocolate in the air, it is true and it is magnificent.
For my money chocolate doesn’t get any better than Hershey’s and once you pair it with Reese’s peanut butter you have the perfect candy ever invented. Whopper’s, Milk Duds, Reese’s, Kit-Kat and Hersey’s bars my candy collection is candy nirvana. I was very fortunate to try out some of Hershey's new holiday goodies:
Along with great candy Hershey had a great website up this year Celebrate with Hershey’s , the site is filled with decoration idea, party ideas, recipes and more! Here are some of my favorites:
REESE'S Peanut Butter Temptations Recipe
- About 40 (13-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures or 12 (0.8 oz. each) REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from candies. Line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- 2. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy in large bowl. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place one in each prepared muffin cup. Do not flatten.
- 3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until puffed and lightly browned; remove from oven. Immediately press peanut butter cup or piece onto each cookie. Cool completely in muffin pan. About 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
I loved the Celebrate with Hershey’s site, and I came up with so many great ideas for our holiday party this year. Hershey’s is the best chocolate ever in my opinion, and we have always loved using the specially marked holiday pack for stocking stuffers. There is nothing like getting a great Hershey’s chocolate item (or two) in your stocking Christmas morning… Opening it up right away and tasting the wonderful candy, sure it may be 8am, but it is Christmas so it is ok. Hershey has a great variety of items for the holidays, so all of the candy lovers are covered, a peanut butter fan, well tuck some reeses in the stocking.
A chocolate fan? Well wouldn’t they love a Hershey chocolate snowman in their stocking, I know I sure would. This Hershey chocolate would also make great gifts for teachers, neighbors and whoever loves chocolate. These treats are wonderful, make sure to pick some up for the holidays, they will look great in a stocking or in your candy dish for your holiday party.
You can find Hershey's holiday candies at grocery stores.
One winner will win a Hershey prize pack
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Susan S. Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . I received candy to review. No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising .