American Girl know just what little girls love. They celebrate the time that when a girl is not a little girl but not yet a teen. They understand that there is still time for play and kids like my daughter just love them for it. My daughter has the 2013 girl of the year, Saige. She loves her, mostly because she is an artist just what my daughter enjoys.
From painting to drawing, my 9 year old daughter just loves to get away and draw and make her art. One other thing my daughter loves to do is dance ballet… So when we had the chance to check out a book from the newest American Girl of the Year 2014: Isabelle Palmer needless to say my daughter was so very excited.
To celebrate Isabelle’s launch, American Girl has created an array of special Isabelle-related initiatives throughout the year, including the following:
- Try New Moves with Isabelle: Starting January 1, girls can discover their talents at the online version of the Anna Hart School of the Arts at americangirl.com/girloftheyear. Girls can explore the school’s rooms to learn about ballet, fashion design, writing, acting, and more, plus they can unlock exclusive videos and content related to Isabelle and her upcoming movie. Girls who register at Isabelle’s online academy are entered for a chance to win a monthly drawing for an Isabelle doll and book or the Grand Prize—a deluxe trip for four to New York City and tickets to New York City Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker.
- Isabelle Apps and Online Play: Girls can get to know Isabelle and her world even better with two special apps—a free app that explores her love of design and an exclusive paid app that’s all about dance. To learn more, search “American Girl” at the Apple App Store. Girls can also visit americangirl.com/play for Isabelle book excerpts, movie-related videos, games, and much more.
- Isabelle Learning Guide: A free downloadable curriculum encourages children in grades 3 to 6 to explore and discuss important themes in Isabelle’s stories, such as discovering your own creative inspiration and sharing your talents with others. The Isabelle Learning Guide is available for download at the For Parents and Teachers section on americangirl.com.
- Isabelle Retail Events: Starting January 1, girls can take part in Isabelle-themed events at American Girl retail stores nationwide, including dance demonstrations, free craft activities, giveaways, photo opportunities, and delicious Isabelle-themed meals. For more details on the in-store events, visit americangirl.com/stores.
· Who she is: She’s an inspired dancer who discovers her own way to shine
· Where she lives: Isabelle lives and attends school in Washington, D.C., surrounded by the bustle and culture of the city
· Favorite activities: Practicing ballet and designing dance costumes
· Best friends: Luisa, a modern dancer; and Gabriel, a magician
· Fun fact: When Isabelle is dancing, she sometimes pretends she’s a water lily skipping and spinning across a pond
· What changes her life: The realization that she can use her design skills to help others
· What she discovers: There’s no one else out there with your unique talentsThe Isabelle doll and her collection of accessories is available now through American Girl’s catalogue, at AmericanGirl.com and at all American Girl retail locations. Like all American Girls of the Year, Isabelle will only be available for one year and will launch a three-book series to tell her story. My daughter very much enjoyed this book. My daughter could relate so much with Isabelle, they both go to school to dance and they both feel that dancing is an expression of who they are.
The books are written by award-winning author Laurence Yep, the 2014 Girl of the Year books- Isabelle, Designs by Isabelle and To the Stars, Isabelle- introduce readers to Isabelle, a young girl who is a talented dancer , this dancer shows girls that by finding your talents into you can discover your own way to shine. My daughter cannot wait to check out the Isabelle doll, she has some great looking dance outfits, and even pink hair extensions! My daughter would sure love to have pink hair too.
So if you are looking for a great gift idea, the new American Girl of the Year 2014: Isabelle Palmer would make a great addition to your little ones doll collection. And if you would rather give one of the three great new books from Isabelle, that would also make a great gift for the little one in your life. Enjoy your little girl now, there is precious few time between being a little girl and a teen, I want to enjoy this time with my daughter, and encourage her doll playing and reading and dreaming as much as I can.
To purchase this doll or to order any of the books please visit AmericanGirl.com.
We received the book Isabelle, for review. No other compensation was provided.
So what you you think of the American girl, girl of the year for 2014?
Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . I received a book to review. No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising .
If you would love to win do not forget to enter the rest of the current Sweepstakes