After playing video games for so many years it really takes something to make me stand up and notice. For the past several years I've been intrigued by Assassins Creed, the game play is incredible and unique but what draws me into the secret world of assassins is the deep story and how now they intertwine it with historical figures making you feel like this could have really happened.
For centuries, France has been ruled by the privileged few. No longer. On this day, the people of Paris have risen up against tyranny. Now, in the midst of one of history’s most chaotic and brutal revolutions, the fate of a nation rests on the edge of the Assassin’s blade. Introducing Assassin’s Creed Unity, the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. From the storming of the Bastille to the execution of King Louis XVI, experience the French Revolution as never before, and help the people of France carve an entirely new destiny.
Assassin’s Creed Unity is set in Paris in 1789. The city is torn apart from the French Revolution and it is your job as Arno to expose the powers behind the revolution. The city of Paris is absolutely alive, there are so many people from common people to Royal Guards to street thugs they populate the game just like the would have populated France in 1789. I love doing a job and quickly getting lost in the crowd, it's a lot easier now that there is an actual crowd in the game! This game is like an onion, there are so many layers that when you think you're done there is another layer underneath. From sabotage to heists to just protecting the people of France there is always something new and fun to do.
- UNIQUE CO-OP EXPERIENCE YOU MUST PLAY TO BELIEVE: In addition to an epic single-player campaign, join with up to three friends online and experience the open world of 18th-century Paris
- A RUTHLESS NEW HERO FOR A BRUTAL WORLD: Play as Arno, an entirely new breed of Assassin, and take down your prey with a range of new weapons such as the Phantom Blade, a hidden blade with crossbow capabilities
- BRAND-NEW PARKOUR, COMBAT, AND STEALTH GAMEPLAY: Enjoy an unprecedented degree of freedom and control over your Assassin. Full motion control with new parkour mechanics for free running up, across, and down city walls and buildings
- DEEP CUSTOMIZATION OF ARNO, THE MASTER ASSASSIN: Craft a unique play style by choosing weapons, gear, outfits, and specialized skills. Mix and match from hundreds of possible combinations and build your stealth, fighting, and navigation abilities
- DISCOVER REVOLUTIONARY PARIS, BROUGHT TO LIFE AS NEVER BEFORE: Carve through the stunning full-scale open world city, a feat only made possible through the power of an all-new game engine
Some of the new features I love are the total customization of your character. I can pick color schemes and equipment based on my style of play and this is something that is an absolute blast to tinker with. It's an M rated game so blood and killing is a part of the game and I've been amazed at some of the parkour style combat I've been able to pull off, and I mean I've audibly gasped at how cool some of these moves look when used. I often find myself just running from rooftop to rooftop thanks to the new parkour free style running it's so much easier to scale walls and get around and away quickly.
Also new this year aside from the single player campaign is the new multi player co-op experience. I can play Unity with up to 3 of my friends and play the game in a totally new and unique experience. Luckily I have a crew I love playing with and we have a blast just causing mayhem and havoc on the streets of Paris. A deep game with a wonderful story, multiple ways to play and graphics that make you stand up and take notice. Assassins Creed Unity is a wonderful game that you'll have a hard time walking away from...even when it's 1:00 am and you have to get up for work in a few hours....I've had a few groggy work days but it's worth it! Assassin’s Creed Unity is available for the Xbox One, the PC, and PlayStation 4.
You can buy this incredible game at a store near you or online
What do you think of Assassin’s Creed Unity?
Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . I received the game Assassins Creed Unity for review. No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising .