Are you looking for a great family friendly movie, with a great message, and that is just plain fun? Well I would suggest the new movie DR. SEUSS’ THE LORAX
BRING HOME THE #1 ANIMATED FILM OF THE YEAR FROM THE CREATORS OF DESPICABLE ME AND THE IMAGINATION OF DR. SEUSS!
DR. SEUSS’ THE LORAX
AUGUST 7, 2012
Plus Get Three Never-Before-Seen Mini Movies Available only on
Blu-ray™ Combo Packs for the Ultimate Experience
Universal City, California, June 5, 2012 – The colorful and captivating world of Dr. Seuss bursts onto the screen as never before on August 7, 2012 in the hilarious and captivating adventure, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Available on Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack -- both featuring DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet™ so you can watch it anytime, anywhere -- Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax is non-stop family fun that includes three delightfully entertaining mini movies not shown in theaters,available only on the Blu-ray™ Combo Packs. The film will also be available on DVD and Digital Download. To view a trailer of the new mini movies, visit http://youtu.be/3DXU1348PHg
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax transports viewers into a fantastical landscape imagined by Dr. Seuss and vividly brought to life by Chris Meledandri and his acclaimed filmmaking team at Illumination Entertainment (Despicable Me). Directed by Chris Renaud (Despicable Me) from a screenplay adapted by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul (Despicable Me, HOP, Horton Hears a Who) from the 1971 children’s classic, the film is an imaginative journey that begins in the town of Thneedville, where a boy searches for the one thing he knows will win the heart of his dream girl. But in order find it, he must discover the story of the Lorax, the often grumpy but loveable protector of Truffula Valley, in an exciting adventure filled with comedy and heart that USA Today’s Claudia Puig calls, “The right blend of funny, silly, and sweet.”
Danny DeVito (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” Twins, L.A. Confidential) lends his unmistakable voice to the Lorax, the remarkable creature who “speaks for the trees,” with Ed Helms (The Hangover, The Hangover Part II, “The Office”) as his enigmatic nemesis, the Once-ler. The all-star cast also includes Zac Efron (High School Musical, The Lucky One, 17 Again) as Ted, an idealistic 12-year-old searching for the Lorax; Grammy® Award winner Taylor Swift (Valentine’s Day) as Audrey, the girl of Ted’s dreams; Rob Riggle (The Hangover, Big Miracle) as the villainous O’Hare; Jenny Slate (Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, “SNL”) as Ted’s protective mother; and five-time Emmy® Award winner Betty White (The Proposal, “Hot in Cleveland”) as Ted’s wise Grammy Norma.
One of the best-selling children’s book authors of all time, Theodor “Dr. Seuss”
Geisel created more than 40 cherished books that have been published in 95 countries and 17 different languages, selling more than half a billion books worldwide. The Lorax, which Geisel named his favorite work, is included on the “Educator’s All Time Top 20 List of Children’s Books.”
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax Combo Packs contain a Blu-ray™, DVD and a Digital Copy of the film compatible with iTunes®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™, Android (or select online retailers), as well as UltraViolet™. UltraViolet™ is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smart phones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
BLU-RAY 3D COMBO PACK AND BLU-RAYTM COMBO PACK BONUS FEATURE EXCLUSIVES
- MINI MOVIES
- Serenade -- Two Bar-ba-loots -- one love shy and the other suave and confident -- battle for the heart of their would-be sweetheart with the help of a colorful cast of characters, including the Humming-Fish and Swomme-Swans.
- Wagon-Ho—Two Bar-ba-loots take The Once-ler’s wagon on a ride they won’t soon forget.
- Forces of Nature—Determined to scare The Once-ler out of Truffula Valley, The Lorax decides to create the illusion of ominous forces of nature.
- MAKING OF THE MINI MOVIES—Go behind the scenes at Illumination Mac Guff to see the joys and challenges of continuing the characters’ stories in the dynamic format of the mini movie.
- DELETED SCENE
- SEUSS TO SCREEN—A fascinating look into the translation of Seuss’ iconic style from book into the big feature film canvas.
- SEUSS IT UP!— A great tutorial on how to draw the Lorax, a Humming-Fish and a Bar-ba-loot in the unique Seuss style.
- TRUFFULA RUN—The player moves left and right to avoid obstacles while attempting to pick up berries with modes for easy, medium and hard. As difficulty increases, the player will have more obstacles to avoid.
- “LET IT GROW” SING ALONG— Karaoke-style sing along to the end credit version of Let It Grow.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH CO-DIRECTORS CHRIS RENAUD & KYLE BALDA
- ONCE-LER’S WAGON— While the Once-ler is away peddling his wares, the curious forest creatures have fun with his belongings. Users can select an item for the creatures to mimic or play with and then watch the adorable antics of all the forest friends.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY ON THE BLU-RAYTM:
- GET OUT OF TOWN—In this game, the player must help Ted navigate through town on his scooter in order to make it to the Lerkim and meet the Once-ler. At the end of each level, Ted must solve an obstacle puzzle to advance to the next section. There are three levels and three puzzles to complete to win the game.
- O’HARE TV— Watch the Lorax with hilarious commercial interruptions courtesy of O’Hare TV.
- EXPEDITION TO TRUFFULA VALLEY—Explore and navigate within the Truffula Valley to learn more about how the characters and creatures come to life.
Are you ready to go on a fun journey with Dr Suess? Growing up the Dr Seuss books were such a big part of my life. And I wanted to make sure the books are loved by my daughter as well. I was a fan of the book The Lorax, but how would the movie translate? Well The Lorax will take you on such a cool trip through the town of Truffula Valley. With the colors and wild critters you expect from Dr Seuss, The Lorax does not disappoint. My family had a movie night the other night, we popped some popcorn and enjoyed The Lorax together as a family. I loved the movie, it was funny and sweet. My husband is not the biggest Dr. Seuss fan (perhaps that rhyming bothers him, who knows?) but he did admit the movie was pretty good. Now that is a big thing for a non-fan of Dr Seuss.
I loved Danny DeVito as The Lorax the loveable creature that speaks for the trees. I thought the part when they were trying to get the Lorax to do something while bribing him with marshmallows was hilarious! And the baby bears were too cute! Of course my daughter loved them the most. I loved the message of the film, we have to take care of what we have. And not to take too much. I could not imagine a world without trees, sometimes artificial is not better at all.
The deleted scenes were great, and my daughter loved the 3 mini movies that were included in this deluxe box set.
So if you are looking for a great family movie, that kids and adults will love I recommend The Lorax. Now I have to go and find some marshmallows I could really go for some!
Make sure to check out this great clip of the movie!
You can purchase this run movie at your local store. Or online at Amazon
Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . I received a dvd to review. No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising .