A Breathtaking New Vision Turns a Legendary Tale Into a Visually Stunning, Epic action-Adventure Featuring All Star Cast Charlize Theron,
Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth
SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN:
Featuring An extended Edition Not Seen in theaters,
Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack including UltraViolet™, DVD & Digital
Copy Available to own on September 11, 2012
“A stunning and epic cinematic odyssey that will blow you away!”
—Jake Hamilton, FOX-TV
—Jake Hamilton, FOX-TV
Universal City, California, July 24, 2012— Venture into a land of action fantasy, heroic battle scenes and visual wonder in Snow White and the Huntsman Extended Edition, coming to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand and Digital Download on September 11, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Packed with pulse-pounding battles, unmatched visual imagination and compelling characters, Snow White and the Huntsman is a wholly original adventure story told on an epic scale. From the splendor of the wicked Queen’s enchanted palace to the menace of the Dark Forest, a breathtaking combination of harrowing beauty, epic battle scenes, visual wonder and jaw-dropping special effects make this film singularly suited for the incomparable high-definition picture and perfect hi-def 5.1 surround sound of Blu-ray™. To view the trailer, visit: http://youtu.be/_WgWm2H1ESE
The Combo Pack includes an Extended version of the film not shown in theaters, as well as a Digital Copy of the film, compatible with iPhone®, iTunes®, iPad®, iPod®, iPod® touch, Android™ or online retail partners, and also includes UltraViolet™, the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to TV’s, computers, tablets and smart phones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice.
From acclaimed producer Joe Roth (Alice in Wonderland), Snow White and the Huntsman is “A breathtaking experience that shouldn’t be missed” and “a flat-out masterpiece!” with “amazing special effects,” said Shawn Edwards, FOX-TV. Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times, raves, “A film of astonishing beauty and imagination. What a ride!” While Peter Travers of Rolling Stone calls it simply, “A visual marvel.”
Snow White and the Huntsman’s stellar cast includes Academy Award® winner Charlize Theron (Prometheus, Hancock), Chris Hemsworth (Thor, The Avengers), Kristen Stewart (the Twilight saga, On the Road), Sam Claflin (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Ian McShane (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Bob Hoskins (Mrs. Henderson Presents), Ray Winstone (The Departed), Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz), Toby Jones (Frost/Nixon), Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes), Johnny Harris (Atonement), Brian Gleeson (The Eagle), Sam Spruell (The Hurt Locker), Vincent Regan (Clash of the Titans), Lily Cole (St. Trinian’s), Noah Huntley (28 Days Later), Liberty Ross (W.E.) and, in her feature-film debut, Raffey Cassidy as the young Snow White.
Blu-rayTM and DVD Bonus Features:
· A New Legend Is Born
· Feature Commentary with director Rupert Sanders, visual effects supervisor
Cedric Nicolas-Troyan and co-editor Neil Smith
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-rayTM
· Reinventing the Fairy Tale
· Citizens of the Kingdom
· The Magic Of “Snow White and the Huntsman”
· Around the Kingdom: 360° Set Tour
· Universal’s Second Screen: An innovative viewing experience that allows viewers to control, interact with and explore Snow White and the Huntsman with groundbreaking features on a networked tablet or computer, in synch with the movie on the television screen! As the movie plays, experience features such as:
- Flick View: Move content from the tablet to the TV screen, and compare storyboards, animatics, and other exciting bonus material with a “flick” of the fingers.
- Behind the Scenes (Picture in Picture)
- Around the Kingdom: 360° Set Tour
- Virtual Flip books
- Cast of Characters
· UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to TV’s, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
· Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™ touch, Android™ and more!
· pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
In this spectacular action-adventure, Kristen Stewart (Twilight) is Snow White, the only woman in the land fairer than the evil queen Ravenna (Oscar® winner Charlize Theron). Ravenna wants nothing more than to destroy her young rival, but she doesn’t know that Show White has been training in the art of war with a huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) the queen dispatched to kill her. Together with a handsome prince (Sam Claflin) enchanted by Snow White’s beauty and power, they assemble an armed force to recapture the kingdom. This breathtaking new vision of the legendary tale from Joe Roth, the producer of Alice in Wonderland and acclaimed commercial director and state-of-the-art visualist Rupert Sanders is, in the words of Shawn Edwards, Fox-TV, “A film that soars with creativity, stylistic genius and amazing battle scenes.”
Now when you think of Snow White, you may think of this is the perfect fairy tale a sweet girl who meets some loveable dwarves and then meets her prince and lives happily ever after. Great story right? Well I always thought this story would make a great action movie if this was ever remade. Well this wild and entertaining action movie now exists, and Snow White and the Huntsman does not disappoint. I wanted to see this in the theaters, but we just could not get the timing right with the sitter, so I was very happy to be able to check this DVD out. This movie is a little too much for my seven year old so my husband and I had a little date night.
Just a little time together to watch a movie. This movie was chock full of great visual effects. Charlize Theron was amazing! She fit her role so perfectly. And Mr. Hemsworth, oh my, he could hunt me anytime! Ok back to the movie.. The storyline was a bit like your remembered like the classic. There are the dwarves, the evil queen an apple… But this story was filled with so many other great moments. I do not want to spoil it for you all. But I really enjoyed this movie. So if you are looking for a family friendly movie this may not be for you, but if you are looking for a movie that adults will be on the edge of their seats, and entertained the whole time I would recommend Snow White and the Huntsman, you will enjoy this great film.
This movie is available nationwide in stores or online
Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . I received the movie to review. No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising .